I came across this guest post on TechCrunch from Kevin Rose, the founder of Digg and cofounder of Revision 3, in which he highlights 10 ways to increase your twitter followers. After all, Kevin is the 2nd most followed person on twitter with 88,000 followers, only second to President Obama! Here are his tips:
- Encourage your followers to retweet your links.
- Fill out the bio section on your page, people want to know you.
- Put links to your twitter profile everywhere on the web.
- Tweet about things that you are passionate about, and #hash tag them.
- Broadcast your twitter account in the physical world, ex: business cards, presentations, podcasts, etc.
- Take lots of pictures because they are heavily tweeted and retweeted.
- Start contests to get you in the number one spot.
- Follow top twitter users and see what they tweet about, this can give you some ideas.
- Reply to/get involved in #hash tag memes.
- Track your results to see how well your profile has grown.