Paige Henson of Macon.com, shares the 10 common social media mistakes that individuals and companies make when creating–and maintaining a social media presence. The list, as Henson describes, is “wincingly bad” but we think its a friendly reminder for the social media pros to stay on top of their game.
- Posting a page and then walking away from it.
- Setting up a social media site if you’re paranoid.
- Spamming others with a constant stream of promo messages.
- Joining a social media network if you don’t understand how it works.
- Assuming social media networking can replace traditional advertising and public relations.
- Having a presence on every social network platform you come across.
- Expecting to realize direct sales.
- Thinking others will flock to you.
- Don’t think because it’s cost-free it isn’t expensive.
- Don’t assume it’s a ‘necessary evil.’
Any others that you’d add to the list?