From February to mid-June of 2009, Delta worked with Digitas to more effectively target it’s potential customers of international travel. They worked with Digitas to reach these customers through digital mediums at places of high traffic such as ferry terminals, health clubs, gas stations and cafes, to increase awareness of Delta as an international carrier.
The success of the campaign was substantial:
– Awareness of Delta as an international carrier increased by more than 28%.
– Among business travelers, the perception that Delta “flies to the international destinations you want to go to” increased 26%.
– The percentage of people “very likely” to recommend Delta to friends, family or colleagues increased by 61%.
– 32% of those who noticed the screens (index of 695 against U.S. national average) fit Delta’s income demo.
– Those who noticed the screens were frequent travelers who had an average of 5.2 business trips a year.
– Overall awareness of Delta increased by 15%
Have you begun to target your potential customers digitally? What are your goals when doing so? How have you best found a way to measure that?
Source: CNN Money