I came across this article from Smashing Magazine that details 10 Harsh Truths About Corporate Blogging. So you think you know it all? Take a quick look at any of these tips, do you think your company is doing its best?
- A blog does not magically generate traffic
- Good corporate blog requires long term commitment
- Teaser feeds are a wasted opportunity
- You are not ‘engaging’ anyone
- Press releases shouldn’t appear on a blog
- You sound like a faceless corporation
- You need to show the warts and all
- Marketeers often make bad bloggers
- You expect too much from your readers
- Your competitors will read your blog – Get over it!
View the full post here.
At Social Media Today, Josh Peters recently commented on how to increase your blog readership. Get involved in the conversation going on around the web. People are out there talking about the topic of your blog, so throw in your opinions on their posts or Twitter comments. People will make it back to your blog if you give them a reason to read it.
Jacob Morgan at Social Media Today recently wrote a list of how he thinks people can best drive traffic to their blog. What do you think? Would you add anything else?
1. Comment on other posts related to your industry
2. Try to get syndicated
3. Put your URL in email signatures and profiles
4. Use Digg and StumbleUpon
5. Share your posts around the web, for example: Facebook and Twitter
6. Write guest posts
7. Write quality and engaging content
8. Network on and offline
9. Write often
10. Respond to comments
11 .Make RSS feeds easily accessible to your site