Surachita Mishra shared best practices on “How Your Customers Can Drive Innovation that Delivers Growth” during Total CX Leaders Conference, June 4, 2015.
‘In a world of change, the learners shall inherit the earth, while the learned shall find themselves perfectly suited for a world that no longer exists.’- Eric Hoffer, American social writer and philosopher
Last week’s Total CX Leaders Conference was a high-engagement learning event that brought together Customer Experience (CX) thought leaders from across multiple industries. Surachita Mishra, Senior Director, Customer Intelligence, Analytics, and Experience for Sysco, shared these best practices during her session “How Your Customers Can Drive Innovation that Delivers Growth”:
1. Pick a good problem to solve. A good problem is one that customers feel a real pain and the customer pain affects the front line.
2. Find your co-founder(s). A good co-founder is someone who understands the why and can envision the how.
3. Get program management right. The three Ps of good program management are Problem Solving (which you must own end-to-end), Progress Mindset, and People Focus.
4. Test and learn with your customers every step of the way. Bring in customers multiple times throughout the innovation journey.
5. Create pull – have a marketing mindset. Be willing to take risks. Make people feel like something great is happening.
6. Look in the mirror.
This is a leadership role for people who care more than most.
Let’s keep the Total CX Leaders Conference conversations going! Stay connected with TCXL15 at:
- linkedin.com/Total Customer Experience Leaders
- facebook.com/Total Customer Experience Leaders
Peggy L. Bieniek, ABC is an Accredited Business Communicator specializing in corporate communication best practices. Connect with Peggy on LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and on her website at www.starrybluebrilliance.com.