Any customer knows what it’s like to call a company just to be routed through directory after directory. VoIP-News recently published a list of ways to get around waiting for a customer service representative.
So what are the right characters to push:
- Press zero. Pressing zero will often result in a direct route to a live person. Continue pressing zero until you’re put through. You may need to try combinations such as “0#,” “#0,” “0*” or “*0.”
- Memorize prompts. If you’re unfortunate enough to have call about the same issue on a regular basis, memorize the prompts that work for you.
- Press the pound key. Skip to the next message or just confuse the system by pressing this character.
- Press the star key. Again, the star key can open up system tricks or simply make the system give up on you.
- Press everything. By pressing multiple numbers, you can trick systems into thinking you’re on a rotary phone ‘ or that you’re crazy. Either way, you’re in.
- Go through the phone prompts. Sometimes it pays to work with the system.
- Press any digit repeatedly. You may land in the wrong department, but you’ll end up at beginning of line when you’re transferred.
For the complete list, read the article here.