As the researcher function continues to evolve, there are number of organizational models to source, mine, and activate insights. Identifying and defining consumer, shopper and customer insights functions in your organization will help focus the research, ensure improved operational efficiency and lead to synthesizing key insights and translating into omni-channel activations.
One of the biggest opportunities for shopper strategists today involves identifying future opportunities that exist in drawing correlations which happens when connecting the dots.
This means really working to identify the right problem to solve and turning to both big data AND small data as we look to predict the future by genuinely understanding the past.
When you think about how much has evolved even in the last 5 years – technology, methodologies, shopper behavior, redefined skill sets and capabilities – it makes you wonder what the shopper researchers role will look like by 2020.
- Is Research Headed Back to the Children’s Table?
- Evangelizing Insights: Amplifying the Insights Message Throughout Your Organization
- The Dark Side of Social Media
- Storytelling and Actionable Research Delivery
- Effective Storytelling: Disney’s Merchandise Innovation Project
- Insights on Insights: Building a Bridge Between Shopper, Consumer and Customer Insights
- Changing Perspectives: A Journey to Customer Centricity
- 2014 Mass Merchant Channel Study Findings That Will Change Your In-Store Activation Strategy
- Taking Insights to Action: Retailer-CPG Collaboration in the Convenience Channel
- Category Specific Trip Missions: Getting Beyond Stock Up & Quick Trips
- How to Maximize Sales with Health & Wellness Trips
- Understanding the Shopper: Using Technology to Uncover the True Voice of the Shopper
- Engaging with and Learning From the Always Connected Consumer
- The Signage Game: Using In-Store Research to Break the Mold, Streamlining Messaging, Strategy and Tactics
- The Intersection of useful and Important: Combining Data Sources to Provide New Insights
- Shifting NPS to the Mobile Device: A Cause for Concern or Celebration?
- Retail Trendwatching: Reality vs. Hype, and How Retailers Can Make Predictions Matter
- Definitely Gen Z: 45 Million Loyal For Life Shoppers
- Monetizing Millennials: Leveraging Insights Communities For a Deeper Understanding of Millennial Shopping Behaviors
- Beyond Generic: How Private Brands Target Emerging Shopper Segments