I was combing through the Internet in search of future trends for online communities when I came across this article. According to the author, Jim Tobin, social media is still in the early stages of development. While some may disagree with him, here are his views on where the evolution of social media could lead.
- Ratings will become an expectation
- Content aggregation will boom
- New tools will replace some of the first movers
- Social Networks become portable
- Virtual worlds gain traction
What are your opinions on which growth stage social media is in? Do you still believe that it is in its fledgling stage? Also what do you think are trends that will catch on for the future of this industry?